When deciding how to support your applications, it is important to first answer a few questions:
- What are my options?
- What are the benefits of each option?
- What services do these options provide?
Of course, you always have the option of hiring a support team to handle your support requirements. In fact, that can sometimes seem like the easiest option. Essentia can offer a second, often more desirable, option for a variety of scenarios.
Run and Maintain Managed Services
With this option, you can outsource the day-to-day maintenance of your applications. This allows your company to focus on its core competencies.
Strategic Managed Services
Whether you are updating the configuration of your application or planning a major upgrade, outsourcing the support of that project is critical. It is always safest to rely on a team of experts whose focus is the success of your project.
Lights-On Managed Services
If you have decided to switch applications, it can be difficult to support both the incoming and outgoing applications at once. By outsourcing support of the outgoing application, your team can focus on the migration process, helping to facilitate a more successful roll-out.
Regardless of why you are outsourcing your application support, there are common benefits:
- Deep Product Expertise – access to experienced and proven resources with broad knowledge of vendor products
- FTE Scaling – right-size your support staff without the need to manage your employee headcount
- Training – employee turnover no longer requires lengthy and expensive training programs
When you outsource with Essentia, we provide the following services:
- Questions – application questions answered swiftly, by experienced support personnel
- Bug fixes – logging and tracking of standard product defects with application publisher; direct troubleshooting and resolution of custom modules
- Enhancements – logging and tracking of enhancement requests with application publisher; development and testing of custom enhancement modules can be addressed through separate projects
- Upgrades – installation and testing of minor upgrades; major upgrades can be addressed through separate projects
- Reporting – User friendly status reports to enable firms to make better informed decisions. Reports such as the Count of Open Items Report showing net of New and Closed items for the week, the Estimated Time-to-Complete Items Report, and reports showing the week-over-week trends for each. Firms find these reports invaluable to help decide if, for example, additional temporary FTE headcount is needed to reduce a growing backlog of bug fixes/enhancements requests, and when they can reduce any temporary FTE headcount after the metrics, as shown in the Essentia-provided reports, return to the optimal/desired zone.